Thursday, September 25, 2008

When is Google not your friend?

I can understand how people would feel that their privacy is being threatened and can see how people can view this as a very bad thing for google to be tracking others searches. I think most people wouldn’t care if google or other search engines were tracking the things they searched frequently. It seems to me that this could help me when it came to searching for things that I have searched for in the past or common things that others may be searching for as well. I find it very useful to have suggestions pop up when I am looking things up on the internet. I can see how some people may feel that this is invading their privacy but as it stated in one of the stories that lawyers were able to use search engines when it came to solving their cases. I would prefer it if they deleted my searches after a few months as stated in one of the suggestions. I hope that they can come to an understanding and set some laws to protect us though when it comes to searching for things and being on the Internet.

No comments: