Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Coming Tug of War Over the Internet

I can see how the telephone companies would be mad and would want google and yahoo to pay a fee for using the bandwidth. The telephone companies are the ones that are having to foot the bill and feel they need to be compensated for the money that they are making. I can see how they would be mad that any time some one uses google or other search engines that they are using their banwidth and not being compensated for the space. I don’t like the idea of one company being able to buy the power to be able to control the Internet or have faster access to things because they can afford it. I feel as if I am being forced to choose one website over another because they have the power too. I think it should be an open game and let the best man win and let people choose for themselves. I can see where googles Davidson is saying that he worries about the new people coming into the Internet market and not being able to have the chance to compete. I agree that it is important for the laws to be changed. The Internet has come a long way since 1996 and things need to be re-evaluated and re written to make sure things are done correctly. The Internet is a great place but can definitely be a place where if it is not monitored and controlled can become a problem.

No comments: