Friday, October 10, 2008

Gaming the Search Engine, in a political Season

I had never heard of a link bomb and was quite informed when reading this article. I never realized how people could mess with the system to try and fix peoples searches. I always figured that when I searched for something online with a search engine that I was directed to the most important, correct and most visited site. I was amazed at the example of the pranksters who were able to get people directed to sites where negative information was given regarding republican candidates. I felt bad for the link bomb which directed users who searched for "miserable Failure" to "George W. Bush's official white house Biography." I found it very interesting that fewer than one percent of internet users use advance searches. I really enjoyed this article and felt that it was very informative. I would suggest others read this as well.

No comments: